The IRCTC mobile app is an application that helps people to book train tickets from travel through Indian Railways. IRCTC stands for Indian Railway Catering and Tourism. An individual can easily book and cancel rail tickets through the IRCTC application. To cancel a train ticket online IRCTC you need to follow these steps:
- Open the IRCTC App from your mobile device.
- This should be opened on the device from where you have done your initial booking.
- After that click on the “My Bookings” option on the top left corner of the app.
- The app will ask you to log in using your MPIN, do the same.
- After you enter your MPIN and captcha it will redirect you to your bookings.
- Select the Booking you wish to cancel and open the same.
- Then click on three dotted lines on the top right corner and select the option “Cancel Ticket”.
- After verifying the required details you can cancel the tickets.
How to cancel 1 ticket out of 2 in the IRCTC app?
To cancel 1 ticket out of 2 in the IRCTC app follow these steps:
- Open the app and log in through MPIN and captcha.
- Then go to “My Bookings” and select the ticket to be canceled.
- After that click on the dotted lines and select “Cancel Ticket”.
- On clicking here there will be an option to select passenger.
- Select the passenger’s name you wish to cancel and leave out the other passenger.
- Then confirm the cancellation.
Also Check:- How to Link Aadhar in IRCTC App?
How to cancel a ticket in the IRCTC rail connect app?
The IRCTC Rail connect app is an application that allows all kinds of IRCTC related services. It is possible to cancel tickets on the IRCTC rail connect app by following these steps:
- The IRCTC rail connects app must have been installed on your device since you must have used the same to book the tickets in the first place.
- So the first step will be to open the rail connect app and logging in.
- This can be done through OTP on the registered mobile number or through the entry of the MPIN number.
- After this enter a valid captcha to prove that you are not a robot and open the ticket bookings section on the app.
- Select the ticket you want to cancel and click on the cancel option to verify details and cancel the same.
How to cancel an e-ticket on the new IRCTC website?
The new IRCTC website is updated and allows cancellation of e-tickets by following these steps:
- First, you need to log in with valid login credentials on the IRCTC website
- After this, you have to go to the “My Transactions” area and click on the “Booked Ticket History”.
- Select the ticket you wish to cancel and click on the cancel ticket option.
IRCTC mobile app ticket cancellation charges
The first ticket cancellation charges are 120+GST for confirmed tickets canceled 30 minutes before scheduled departure and 60+GST for waitlisted tickets canceled 30 minutes before scheduled departure.