There are times when the default subtitles are in a different language and not the one you are familiar with. This could be irritating as you are not able to understand what going on in the movie or show are speaking.
This is the time all you would wish to change the language and enjoy your favorite shows. Thanks to the inventions of subtitles they now have made this relatively easier. And if you are looking forward to OTT platforms that allow customizing language settings, Hulu acts as a savior in that case.
Here, we have listed the various methods to switch on and off the subtitles for Hulu:
Table of Contents
How to change the language on Hulu on iOS?
Changing the language on an iOS device is not that hard, whether it is an iPhone or an iPad. You can enjoy your favorite shows in your preferred language with just a few steps.
Follow the steps given below to change the language on Hulu on iOS devices –
- Go to the Hulu app first
- Play the show that you want to watch
- Tap on the screen while the video is being played
- You will find a wheel icon on the top right corner of the screen
- Tap on it, and the settings menu will open
- Choose the settings and select your preferred language in which you want to stream the content
- Swipe down the screen once you have chosen the language
Once you are done following the steps, the language will be changed to your preferred settings, and you are all set to binge-watch your favourite shows in your comfort zone. There are multiple options available on Hulu, and you don’t need to worry anymore when you want to try shows from different countries.
How to change language on Hulu on Android?
The steps to change the language on Hulu on an Android is similar to that on an iOS. You can change the language settings in a couple of steps without hassle.
Follow the steps given below to change the language on Hulu on Android devices –
- Go to the Hulu app on your android device
- Select the show that you want to stream
- Once the show starts playing, tap on the screen once
- You will find a settings wheel on the top right corner of the screen
- Click on it, and you can find the option to customize the language settings
- Change the settings as per your requirements and go back to the video
These steps can help you change the language settings per your preferences. You can change the language per your requirements and enjoy the shows with total comfort.
How to change the language on Hulu on Laptop/Pc?
Watching premium quality content on a big screen is itself bliss. Just hop on your laptop or pc and enjoy engaging shows without hassle.
Follow the steps to change the language on Hulu on Laptop/PC –
- Go to the browser and open the Hulu site
- Log in or register to your account
- Play the video you want to stream
- Once you have played the video, tap on the screen once
- You can find the gear icon on the bottom left corner of the screen
- Click on that, and the settings menu will open
- Customize the language settings as per your preferences
Once you have done customizing the settings, you can enjoy your favorite shows on your preferred settings. Remember that some shows don’t support every language, which could include your language preference.
How to change the language on Hulu on Smart Tv?
Changing the language settings on a smart tv is similar to changing that on any other device; the only difference is you need to use your remote controller to navigate through the settings.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to change the language on Hulu on your smart tv –
- With the help of the remote controller, navigate to the app section on your smart tv
- Select the Hulu app and play the show you want to watch
- While you are watching the show using the navigational buttons on your remote, press the Up button
- The settings menu will open, which will help you to customize your subtitles settings
- Please choose the language as per your preferences and click on it and enable it
- Once you are done enabling the changes, go back to the video
Following these steps, you will change the language settings on your Smart tv, and you can binge-watch premium shows available on Hulu just by sitting on your couch. And this feeling gets doubled when you watch high-end shows on a big screen, which is much better than watching on smaller devices such as a smartphone or a tablet.
How to change the Subtitles language on Hulu?
While you can change the language settings on your Hulu, you might be among the one who prefers watching the shows in the original language, but how will you cross the language barrier?
Changing the subtitles language will do the job for you.
Hulu provides settings that can help you change the subtitles language on your Hulu app or web browser.
Follow the steps if you want to change the language of the subtitles on your Android or iOS device –
- Open the Hulu app on your iOS or Android device
- Start streaming the shows you want to watch
- Tap on the screen while the stream is being played
- On the top right corner, you’ll find the settings option
- Click on that to change the subtitles settings as per your preferences
- Go back to the video
Once you are done following the steps, you can enjoy the shows in their original vocal language while you can read the language in your mother tongue. It is just that Hulu doesn’t consist of every language you want to watch in.
We guess we have answered all your questions, and you are all set to enjoy your favorite show in your respective mother tongue or your preferred language choice. Just change the settings on any of your devices using the steps mentioned above, and you can binge-watch premium shows comfortably.
If you are facing issues, here are some frequently asked questions that will help you.
Why can't you change the language on Hulu?
It is because Hulu consists of limited languages, and sometimes every show doesn’t consist of the speech available on the other display. That depends on the producers of the film.
Why did Hulu change its language?
This is because Hulu sets the language to the default settings, which might be in a different language. Just change the language settings as per your preference and enjoy the shows.