Location plays an essential role while streaming shows on an OTT platform. Based on your location preferences, you are recommended shows and programs that are widely popular in the region.
Whenever you login into an app, you are asked to enable location settings just by tapping on the pop-up which appears right in front, and if you have skipped the pop-up and want to enable it now, you can do that just with a couple of clicks.
Turning on the Location setting not only provides you with shows which are best in the region but also helps improve the show’s rating so that people like you who want to know which shows and programs are being loved in the respective region can also access them.
If you are also facing issues enabling your location settings on your devices, don’t worry. We are there to help you with that, but you need to read the complete article to understand the steps thoroughly.
Table of Contents
How to enable location settings on an Android?
With the quality of content that Hulu provides, it must be exciting to see which shows are loved in your respective region. Everyone could have a different perspective because the shows define themselves.
Enabling the location settings on an android is not that hard.
To enable location settings on an Android, follow the below-mentioned steps –
- First, go to the Hulu app on your android device
- If you are logged in previously, it’s well and good. If not, you can log in using your credentials
- Then go to the Security & Location menu, which is available on the settings menu
- Then head towards the Location settings, where you can find the settings
- If you are unable to find the Security and locations, then search for LocationLocation on the Settings
- Once you are on the settings, turn the settings on to enable the locations
- Examine the applications that recently checked the position of your device under Recent location queries.
Following these basic steps, verify that the LocationLocation is turned on in the Hulu app. Now you can see the changes are being made, the respective shows will be displayed, and you can enjoy them on your android device.
Also check:- How to watch Hulu on Smart TV (Complete Guide)?
How to enable location settings on iPhone?
Changing the settings on your iOS is kind of similar to android devices. You can easily enable the settings with a couple of steps and enjoy the premium content available on Hulu.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to enable location settings on iOS devices –
- Hop on to your device and look for the settings app
- Scroll down the list of features available to find Security and Location
- Some devices might not have the settings together after software updates, so you can look out for Locations as a single setting.
- Then look out for Hulu from the available list of apps.
- Click on Hulu and toggle the settings to on.
- Go back and open the Hulu app to verify the updated settings.
Isn’t that an easy method? Just a couple of clicks and the location settings get updated. Head towards the Hulu app and enjoy famous shows you haven’t watched yet.
How to enable location settings on Chrome?
If you are someone who uses Chrome to stream Hulu to avoid unnecessary storage, it isn’t a bad idea either. The settings on a web browser will be different than those on a smartphone.
To enable location settings on Chrome, follow the below-mentioned steps
- Go the Chrome on your respective PC
- Then in the top right corner, you’ll find 3 dots
- Using the 3 dots, you can access the Chrome settings
- Click on the 3 dots to open the settings
- Scroll down the list to look for Advanced
- Click on that and then go to Privacy and Security
- Then look out for Site settings and click on that
- Then go to Location.
- Enable the location settings
- Head back to Hulu by using your credentials
Verify the updated settings, and now the settings have been turned on your Chrome, and you can enjoy the perks of watching premium shows on Hulu and that too on a bigger screen.
How to enable location settings on Macbook?
When the OS changes, the settings get updated too. With the MacBook, you need to follow a couple of extra steps to enable location settings on your device. It isn’t that hard, so don’t worry about the procedure.
To enable location settings on Macbook, follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Go to your mac and open the Safari app
- Then look out for Apple Menu on the top left corner
- Then select System preferences
- Then click on Security and Preferences icon, which is available in the System Preferences window
- Then open the Privacy tab
- Using your credentials such as admin name and password, unlock the padlock
- Select the location settings from the list
- Then toggle the settings to on to enable the settings
- Make sure when you enable the location settings, Safari is selected so that the changes apply to the respective app
As we mentioned, the steps might be a little different, but they aren’t that hard. If you are new to Mac, you will be accustomed to the settings in a short time.
How to change locations on Hulu?
If you want to stream the show from other regions or countries, you can change the location settings on Hulu if they aren’t available in your region. There are two major methods to change location settings on Hulu.
- Changing your home network
- Log in using a device in the living room by entering your credentials
- Then visit the account page using a browser on your respective device that could be either an Android, iOS, or a PC
- Navigate to the Privacy and Settings area.
- Enter your new address and click “Set” or “Change Home.”
Using this setting, you can change your Location on Hulu but remember you can change this only 4 times a year and not more than that.
- Using a VPN
Using a VPN would be another choice. However, since most VPNs just alter your IP address, they won’t work since Hulu calculates LocationLocation using your IP address and GPS. As a result, you’ll need a VPN that can change your IP address and your LocationLocation, and Surfshark is the only VPN for Hulu that can accomplish this.
But the only catch is Surfshark only work for Android devices, and if you are an iOS user, you are out of luck.
How to change your Home location on Hulu?
Once you have signed in to your Live TV using your credentials, you need to set up a Home Network, given by Hulu, within 30 days of signing up.
With the help of Home Network, you can access several local channels depending on your LocationLocation, so you can stay updated with the current news and sports in your region.
To change your home location on Hulu, follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Setup home network once you have moved into a new location
- Log in using a supported living room device
- Visit your online account page on any of your devices
- Then go to Privacy and Settings
- Select Set or change Home
- Get a new ISP
Once you are done following these steps, then update the Hulu app, or else you’ll receive error messages whenever you login into Hulu, so if you want to avoid that, it is better to update the app. you can change the Home location to a maximum of 4 times a years and not more than that.
How to trick Hulu Live Location?
If you want to trick Hulu’s live LocationLocation without updating your settings, you can do that with only 4 simple steps.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to trick Hulu’s Live Location –
- Become a member of a VPN that makes use of US residential IP addresses.
- On your smartphone, install and download the VPN app. Open the VPN application and choose the servers list.
- To bluff with Hulu’s Location, connect to the American servers.
- To access your preferred Hulu streaming video, login or register with the service.
With these 4 simple steps, you can trick Hulu’s live LocationLocation, and you don’t need to change your system settings for that too.
Here are a couple of frequently asked questions –
Does Hulu need your LocationLocation?
Due to licensing limitations, Hulu requires your LocationLocation. To ban material when necessary, the business must know where its viewers are.
How does Hulu determine LocationLocation?
Using Zip code and IP address. Therefore, even if your home IP changes, it still identifies it as being in your home location as long as it still refers to the same area.
How to fix the Hulu location error?
Once you have modified the location settings on Hulu, update the app to the latest version to let Hulu update to a newer location.
So, we hope this article helped you by clearing all your doubts and queries regarding the location settings on Hulu and how you can trick Hulu just by using 4 simple steps. If you aren’t comfortable sharing your Location with Hulu, simply disable the settings or deny the pop-up at the beginning when you log in.