To file TDR through the IRCTC app on the mobile device you need to follow the below steps:
- Open the IRCTC App and login to the same using the MPIN or the OTP method and entering the captcha provided.
- After this, you need to click on the “Booked Ticket History” Option.
- On opening the same the app will show the list of tickets on which the date of the journey has elapsed.
- You will then need to select the PNR for the ticket for which you wish to file TDR.
- Then click on the “File TDR” Button and select the passenger details to claim the same.
- You can also check the FAQ section to get details on how to file TDR in the IRCTC app.
How to file TDR for a counter ticket?
To file TDR for the counter ticket, you need to follow these steps:
- Open and login to the IRCTC App and go to the “Booked Ticket History” section.
- Then a list of tickets will open where the date of the journey has elapsed.
- Select the option of the counter ticket. Counter tickets booked will also be shown here if it has been booked using the registered mobile no.
- Then select the required PNR and click on the file TDR option.
Also Check:- How to cancel train ticket in IRCTC mobile app?
How to file TDR in IRCTC rail connect app?
The rules of filing the TDR in the IRCTC rail connect app is almost similar to the other platforms of the Indian rail. You need to follow these steps to file TDR in the IRCTC rail connect app:
- Login using MPIN or OTP and captcha on the IRCTC App.
- After that select the required PNR from the elapsed list on the Booked Ticket History section of the app.
- After this check the required details and click on file TDR.
Also Check:- How to Link Aadhar in IRCTC App?
TDR rules IRCTC 2022
The Indian railways have set up certain rules as the TDR file rule. As per these rules TDR can be filed as per the Indian Rail rules that says that “No refund for fare will be admissible” on tickets that have confirmed reservation and if the tickets are not canceled. Furthermore, if the TDR is not filed online up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure, a refund will not be given.
The best reason to file TDR
The best reason to file a TDR is that in case the concerned train gets delayed the individual who was supposed to travel can get the refund and travel from some other transport.
When can we file TDR in IRCTC?
TDR can be filed in the IRCTC when the scheduled train has been delayed and is running late.
What is EFT detail in filing IRCTC TDR?
EFT details can be entered while filing the TDR to get a refund through the EFT method.
When Should TDR be filed?
TDR can be filed when the concerned train is delayed.
Can I file TDR after the chart is prepared?
Yes, TDR can be filed after the preparation of the chart.
Can I file TDR if I missed my train?
You can file TDR if you have missed your train but within one hour of the departure of the train.