The year of 2020 was catastrophic to most nations of the world. The US Government came up with a program to help those who haven’t earned enough due to the pandemic last year.
The IRS stimulus check 2021 process is applicable to those who have not earned more than $12,200 annually or those couples who have not made more than $24,400 in a year. Even those families or individuals are eligible for this monetary aid from the federal government who have had no income at all.
IRS stimulus check application for non filers
US citizens who have not filed their tax returns are usually covered under special programs. It is possible that such people might not have received the prior two stimulus checks paid under the IRS stimulus check application process. However, the third stimulus check deadline is 15th of April when citizens can file their taxes to get paid with the stimulus amounts.
Those who haven’t filed tax returns and their information is not incorporated in the IRS site are still eligible to get aid from the government and can get their names incorporated into the IRS stimulus check application process by following the below steps:
- Click the non-filers link.
- Then, navigate to the blue tab and enter the required information.
The government is also trying to make the money claiming procedure easier by introducing a new tool called the Recovery Rebate tool. This new tool will help to claim the missed stimulus amount.
People can file their tax returns as the IRS filing process has begun on February 12th and the closing deadline is 15th of April. Filing the returns would make them eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit immediately. Tax return filers can follow the below steps for filing their 2020 returns as well as claiming and receiving the IRS stimulus check application amount.
- The citizens need to fill up Form 1040 or 1040-SR.
- People can also save Notice 1444 in combination with their 2020 tax records.
- US citizens who are earning less than $72,000 annually can take help of the IRS free file tool.
- Users would need to visit the Free File site and select the IRS Free File offer.
- Then, they would need to select the TurboTax or TaxSlayer option and file their tax return with the information provided in the Credit Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR.
How to check IRS stimulus cheque application status?
If you are wondering how to check the IRS stimulus application status, then here is a way to do it:
- You need to go to the “Get my payment” portal.
- Then, you would be required to enter your Date of Birth, Social Security Number, and your Street Address.
In this way, you can know the IRS check application online status. The portal would display if the stimulus payment has already been sent and whether the mode of payment is through mail or via direct deposit in your account.