Is anyone spying on your Facebook? Have you created a new account and you don’t want the old one? Do you want to save your time from too much facebook-ing?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you should read this article “how to log out of the Facebook mobile app”
This blog explains how to log out from Facebook from all devices.
Table of Contents
Why should you log out of Facebook?
Just like login, logout is also necessary. The frequency of login of Facebook on your device may be higher than logging out.
Here are a few reasons that tell why logging out from Facebook is important.
- It protects other users from accessing your account without verifying credentials.
- Logout also helps you to prevent unauthorized actions.
- Even if you have opened Facebook from someone else’s device no one can misuse it if you are logged out.
- If you think you spend a lot of time scrolling your Facebook news feed, logging out for a short time will save you time.
Hence the process of logout is important from a security point of view.
Also Check:- How to log out of Netflix on tv?
How to log out of the Facebook mobile app?
- Sign out Facebook on iPhone
- Open the FB on your iPhone.
- Click on the burger option in the right bottom corner.
- A screen with your name comes up along with many sections.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- You see log out there. Tap on it. A prompt appears asking for confirmation.
- Click Log out again and you are done!
- Sign out of Facebook on Android
- Click on the Facebook icon to open. If you have not logged in, enter your details like email address and password to sign in.
- Click on the burger option that appears as three horizontal lines present on the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and click on settings.
- Go to Account Settings under App Settings.
- Then head to General > Security Settings.
- Click on ‘where you are logged in
Now it will open a list of devices and locations where your account is logged in.
- Next click on the cross button beside the login button that immediately logs you out of that corresponding device. In some devices you may see three dots in place of the cross button, click on it to view the drop-down option. Now tap on log out.
How to log out of the Facebook lite app?
Click on the burger option or the three-bar icon on the top left or right corner.
|Now user control will come up.|
|Scroll down and find out the log-out option.|
|Click on logout and you will come to turn off the Facebook lite app.|
How to log out of the Facebook messenger app?
- Sign out of messenger app iPhone
|Tap on the Messenger app icon to open it on your iPhone.|
|Go to your profile section by clicking on the top left corner option.|
|Visit Account Settings then Security And Login.|
|A web page appears with a list of logged-in devices. Click on three vertical dots. Click on logout.|
- Sign out of messenger app Android
|Close the Facebook app if it is open. Also, clear your recent apps list.|
|Go to the settings on your device. Next move to the Apps or Application Manager.|
|Scroll down until you get Messenger and click on it.|
|Find Storage And Cache. Go to Storage > Clear Storage > Clear Cache.|
|You have successfully logged out of Facebook Messenger.|
How to log out of the Facebook messenger lite app?
|To log out of the Facebook messenger lite app go to your phone setting.|
|Scroll down to Manage Apps.|
|Head to Downloaded Apps.|
|Click on Messenger Lite.|
|Now tap on Clear Data. In case you don’t get it, go to Storage and then Clear Data.|
|Click on OK.|
How to sign out of Facebook on the computer?
If you’ve signed in to your Facebook account using a laptop or a PC then you can easily turn off Facebook using these steps.
|Go to the www.facebook.com website.|
|Click on the inverted triangle in the top right corner.|
|Click on logout.|
Why can't I log out of Messenger?
You can’t log out of messenger because the app does not have a logout option. Depending on the device you are using, you can follow the above methods to sign off Facebook.