The inspect Element has several benefits attached to it. Especially when it comes to developers, yet, with the Discord inspect element feature, you can still have some fun with your friends even though you are not a developer. Want to know how? Well, this article is just for that sake! Hop on to find out how to open the inspect Element on Discord in 2022.
Table of Contents
What is inspecting Elements?
Did you ever try to retrieve the code that any web page uses? Well, traditionally, it came as a view page source that displayed the HTML code used in the web page. However, there’s a better way for the inspection to be carried out.
Can you inspect the elements of Discord?
There are several benefits of using the inspect option on Discord. We will come to that later on through this article. However, if you aren’t sure if we can inspect it on Discord, let us tell you that you can effortlessly do it! You can view the user name, message, and timing as well as change them.
Also Check:- How to get QR code on Discord Mobile?
How to inspect elements on Discord?
Follow the procedures we have mentioned below to inspect elements in Discord.
- Download Discord
First and foremost, download the discord application on your computer. Please note that the discord mobile app doesn’t facilitate the developer’s tool. Hence to inspect elements, you can go to their official website and download the app. Once done, you must enter the desired credential and log in.
- Press “CTRL” + “SHIFT” + “J”
Once you have landed on the discord app, the next step is to open the developer’s tool. You can open the discord developers tool or discord console on both Windows and Mac.
For Windows, press the Shift, Control, and J button altogether.
For Mac, press the Command, Option, and J key at one go.
Please note that the procedure is not for discord mobile applications.
- Navigate to the Element
After you’ve pressed “CTRL” + “SHIFT” + “I” on your keyboard, the developer tools will open. Now, the next procedure is to inspect the Element. For that, navigate through the Element that you would like to inspect.
You can inspect elements as you want by getting to the developers’ tool on Discord.
If you want to inspect your friend’s profile, all you need to do for now is click on it so that their picture and banner show up.
- Inspect the Element
Finally, it’s time actually to inspect the Element. On the top of the developer tool that you have opened, you will find an inspect element icon.
Click on the inspect element icon and then go for the Element that is to bring inspected. Anything from images, messages, and profile pictures can be inspected.
- Copy the link to the Element
The inspect element option will help you to copy the link and code of that Element. If you inspect a profile picture, you can copy the link by expanding the associated tags.
Here are the tags you need to expand:
- Image source tag <img src>
- foreign object tag <foreignObject>
- SVG tag <svg>
- division tag <div>
How to change Discord messages with Inspect Element?
The procedure to change a message on Discord is almost similar. Have a look to know more.
- As stated before, you need to open the discord app on your PC.
- Secondly, press the control, shift, and the J button altogether. This will lead you to the developer’s tool.
- Find the inspect element option on the top of the developer’s tool and click on it.
- Choose the message that you would like to inspect.
- After selecting the message, the code for the same will appear; you can change the text to anything and view it on your screen.
How do you inspect messages on Discord Mac?
For inspecting an element in Discord mac, follow the procedure mentioned below:
- Open the discord app and log in with the required credentials.
- Now, press the “Command⌘” + “Option” + “J” keys.
- You will see the developer’s tool once you press the keys. Now look for the inspect tool. You will find it on the top of the developer’s tool.
- Click on the inspect tool icon and then click on the message that you would inspect.
If you find that the message get’s highlighted in grey, they know that the steps worked.
What can you do with Discord to inspect Element?
Discord inspect element option comes in handy to alter the outlook of the application only on the browser where the elements are inspected. So, in case you want to change something and take a screenshot of it, the discord inspection can be used. Furthermore, it can be used to alter a message and play a prank on friends by showing off a message or text that never existed in the first place. So, how to fake a message?
For Fake Message:
- Open Google Chrome and sign in to Discord.
- Launch Inspect Element.
- Locate the messages you wish to spoof/edit.
- Click the box with a cursor within in the upper left corner, then click on the text you want to change.
- Double-click the message and delete it will the delete key on your keyboard.
- Fill up the blank spaces with the text that you want to include.
- Replace the text in someone’s username by clicking it.
- You can also change the date on which the message was sent. Click the current date and enter the one you would prefer.
- Select the message before it, copy the content, then paste it below to create a totally new message.
Emojis may be added to messages by using:
<img src=” /assets/(image id).svg aria-label=”:emoji_name:” alt=”other_name” draggable=”false” class=”(emoji class)”>.
Sending the message and selecting the emoji will yield the picture ID.
For example, the emoji ID for grinning: is
So, the new text will be:
<img src=” /assets/assets/5c04ac2b97de83c767c22cb0028544ee.svg aria-label=”:grinning:” alt=”:grinning:” draggable=”false” class=”emoji jumboable”>.
What to do if Inspect Element is not working on the Discord app?
The truth is that Discord has currently disabled the feature of inspecting elements on the application. Yet, you can still access it through two different methods. One is through the web and the other by installing the PTB version of Discord. Let’s have a look at these methods one by one.
1. Use Discord Web:
Here are the steps to inspect elements with the help of discord web.
- Select a browser of your choice and open it.
- Go to the login page of Discord and enter your credentials to log in.
- For Windows, press the shift, Command, and J keys; for Mac, click on the Command + Option + J (Mac). This will take you to the developer’s tool
- The rest of the steps will be the same for the application and the browser.
2. Use the Discord PTB version.
You may no longer find the inspect option on the discord application directly. However, you can still look for those options on the cannery or beta. You will have to install the public testing beta version of Discord. The canny version can also get the job done. However, the former is better with the lesser glitch to face. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the discord website and navigate to their download page.
- You will have to scroll down and look for an option stating Download Public Test Build. Click on it.
- Choose the platform on which you would prefer to download.
- After downloading the file, install the public test build version.
- Now, you can proceed with the inspect element procedure just like you did on the normal application or the web.
Can inspect elements be detected?
When you use the inspect Element for modification, the changes are done locally on the downloaded HTML, CSS, and js files and not on the website server. Hence, the changes won’t reflect on the discord server for everyone.